REVIEW: iBall Groovy - Bluetooth Neckphone With Mic
I purchased the iBall Groovy (Bluetooth Neckphone With Mic) from Flipkart yesterday. I am pretty impressed by the service of Flipkart. Ordered it on Monday and got it on Tuesday! Used the "Cash on Delivery" option to pay.
Details and the review are after the jump..
• Behind-the-head style.
• In-Ear design with comfortable and stable wearing.
• Innovative music and call controls.
• Stereo Bluetooth headset with built-in Mic.
• Built-in rechargeable battery (through USB)
• Ideal for use at home, office and outdoor.
• Call transfer between the headset and Bluetooth Cell phone.
• Hands-free conversation from Bluetooth-enabled Cell phones or PC.
• Pause the music & Play back automatically when receives an incoming call.
• Support play/pause, previous/next track, volume up and volume down.
• Automatically connect to the last connected Bluetooth device.
• Bluetooth Version: v2.1+EDR
• Frequency Range: 2.402GHz~2.480GHz
• Bluetooth Profile: HSP, HFP, A2DP and AVRCP
• Effective Range: Up to 10 meters
• Power Source: Built-in rechargeable battery
• Built-in Mic: Built-in high sensitive Mic
• Working Time: Music - Up to 6 hrs, Talk - Up to 7 hrs.
• Standby Time: Up to 120 hrs.
• Charging Time: Approx. 2 hrs
• Dimensions: 63.5 x 135 × 136.5 mm (HxWxD)
• Weight: ~35 g
The M.R.P of the device is Rs. 2,250/-. I got it from Flipkart for a reduced price of Rs. 1,700/-
• Lowest priced in its category.
• As its an in-ear headset, no loss of sound.
• Connects to bluetooth devices easily.
• The back of the Neckphone is fixed. Can't adjust to you liking.
• Only USB charging is available.
The package i got from Flipkart is this:
Inside i found the Neckphone with its original packing.. :-)
The package includes:
• The Bluetooth Neckphone.
• USB Charger.
• 2 sets of extra ear buds. One big and one small. The medium type is fitted in the Neckphone itself.
• User Manual.
• iBall Service Centre List.
Design and build quality:
Design is good. It sits on the ear quite nicely. Weight of the headset will not bother you. But i experienced a slight pain behind the ear where it touches. It maybe because i'm not used to a headset like this. :-)
Build quality is not that good. Looks cheap! Some of the markings on the controls have already got erased! Maybe we have to compromise something because the headset is a low cost one.
All the controls, indicators, charging port, mic are situated in the right side. Controls available are two switches. First one allows us to control the play back. Pushing down will jump to next track and up to the previous track. Pressing the button will Play/Pause the present track.
The second button helps in various functions such as switch on/off, answer/end/reject call, voice dial/ redial last number. Pushing the button up/down will increase/decrease the volume.
An LED indicator is also there.
The charging port and the mic are situated at the bottom. Charging port is covered by rubber flap. Mic is on the right of the charging port as shown.
The Neckphone got fully charged in less than 2 hours and got connected to all the devices i tested easily (includes 2 laptops, 4 mobile phones of Nokia & Samsung). All the keys responded without any problem when paired with each device. There is a slight delay in every action though.
The performance and voice clarity are at par. No surrounding noise got in when played at high volume. The performance while playing song is not as good as a Sony headset but much better than Nokia's original one.. :)
The Mic also performed well in quiet conditions. Again the performance is at par in noisy conditions.
Battery backup is very good. Got around 6 to 7 hours working time.
It is the lowest priced gadget in its class. For Rs. 1,700/- you get Bluetooth stereo headset with mic. Performs well though not the best.
If you are willing to pay around Rs. 1,500/- more then there is a very good alternative. Nokia BH-505.
Motorola Rokr S9-HD is also there for around Rs. 4,000/-
So its up to you whether to go for the Groovy or go for an alternative which are priced higher!